1. The Rules [Required Read] Jun 26, 2011 13:04:56 GMT -5
Post by Midnight on Jun 26, 2011 13:04:56 GMT -5
If you are under the age of 13, do not join. Save our URL somewhere, then hit the little "X" on the tab and return when you are 13 years old.
*Note: Most of the pictures used here are not owned by the members or staff. There are some exceptions to this, however. I also don't own any of the codes.*
Because we've dealt with it so often in the past, if you copy anything from us and claim you made it, you will be banned. If you would like to use something that we wrote, please contact me in a personal message and we can work something out. We do not tolerate our forum being stolen from. I can count at least five times this has happened. Please remember that plagiarizing is illegal and keep your forums original if you want to make them successful. No one is going to join a forum that's a copy of a bigger, better one.
We have a 50 word minimum in-character to avoid one-liners. If you feel you cannot join because of this, please join anyway and PM a staff member. We'd be glad to give you tips to help you reach this!
After signing up, please check out the "Members" tab to ensure that your display name (or something too similar, such as one letter off on spelling) is not in use. If it is, please change your name to something that is not being used. If we find two people using about the same display name (such as there being two people called "Fire"), then the newer member will be asked to change their name to avoid confusion.
Out of Character Rules
1. You must be respectful to everyone. This really goes without saying, I know how people are sometimes.
2. Swearing is allowed, don't go overboard. "Overboard" is obviously a subjective term, so each staff member is free to make their own decisions about what is "overboard" swearing and what isn't.
We prefer human swearing to be kept out of character only, mainly because the cats in the Warriors series do not use the same swears as we do.
3. Absolutely, positively no chatspeak on the boards, and preferably none in the chatbox.
4. Only put ads in the advertisement board. Do not PM people advertising.
5. If you do not log on in a month and have not told me (Mid) that you will be away (for whatever reason, that's not our business) then your account will be deleted. You are, of course, free to rejoin and you will be allowed to have all of your cats back.
If you join and you make no posts and do not log in again, your account will be deleted in seven days unless you alert me as to why you're unable to post.Character Creation Rules
6. Your Clan leader will choose your cat's warrior name, so please don't put in your cat's application what their warrior name will be. Please note that this is only for cats made as kits/apprentices. If you're making a warrior application, then the whole name's up to you.
7. Realistic eye and pelt colors only. This also means that only cats with a majority of white fur can have blue eyes. Please refer to the FAQ for more information on this.
8. All images must be sourced. Please place a link to where you got the image if you do not own it. We also prefer you using stock images, whether they are labeled as free or you paid for them.General Roleplay Rules
9. No godmoding/powerplaying; cats don't have superpowers, they aren't invincible, etc. and don't RP any cats that aren't your own unless you have express permission from the owner of the cats.
10. Absolutely no sexual content. This doesn't just mean in-character, either.
Do not take sexual content to PMs. It's still against ProBoards' Terms of Service.
11. No suicidal or self-harming cats. A cat's instinct is to survive, and unless it's biting its leg off to get out of a trap or a danger of the sorts, self-harm isn't a survival instinct.
12. There are no character or thread limits. You are free to create as many characters as you can handle, and be in as many RP threads as you can handle.
Upon joining AWRP, you may create ten free characters. After that, you'll have to use on-site currency to purchase more cats. Once you've been here for a few weeks, you'll learn that $1,000 isn't much around here, so don't be put off by the character price.
Kittens (born in-character) and adopted characters are always free. We always encourage adoption.Romantic Relationship Rules
13. Cats do not have to be mates in order to conceive kittens. However, there will be no forced mating, so both RPers involved are aware of it and they acknowledge that their cats have agreed to this IC, as well, whether that is actually RPed or not.
The parent cats must have two threads with five posts each together before a litter can be requested for them. Alternatively, NPC mothers or fathers may be purchased in the store.
14. Forbidden relationships, etc. are allowed, you must have a roll done (which can be done by posting on this thread) to see whether or not the cats will be caught. All high positions may have a mate and a litter or two if they choose to. Medicine cats will be in in-character trouble most likely, so be ready to accept consequences for your character. If a female leader/deputy has kittens while on the job, they will be temporarily replaced until those kits are ready to become apprentices.
15. Five kits per litter is the maximum you can get normally, eight if you buy three extra from the store, and your cat may have another litter after the previous are apprentices. Cats (both male and female) can have up to two free litters in their lifetime, and an unlimited amount may be purchased in the store.
16. Cats may be non-binary and non-heterosexual. For information on how these cats can have kittens (if both cats in the couple have the same biological parts), please read the FAQ.